Whether you have dedicated Karaoke rooms or small functions spaces, Self-Hosted Karaoke with crowdDJ makes things easy. Set up time limits and give your customers host-mode controls through a crowdDJ kiosk to make running multiple karaoke rooms a breeze.
Your staff will start a crowdDJ Karaoke session with the Manage My Nightlife app, nominate a kiosk or mobile phone to use for Host Mode, set a time limit and instruct customers on how to use the kiosk to pick songs and control playback. Once set up and running, your customers can sing to their heart’s content until time runs out.
Setup Instructions for Staff
- Sign in to Manage My Nightlife on your mobile device or TurnTablet.
- Connect to the relevant zone where you want to enable karaoke. For karaoke rooms, these are usually separate from the main bar or common area.
- Tap the Menu button in the top left corner and then tap on Controls.
- Open the mode controls panel and set Functions Wizard to On.
- Tap the Functions and Karaoke Wizard button to start setting up karaoke.
- Go through each page and change the settings to match the desired style of karaoke.
- When you are happy with your settings, hit Start Session to begin.
After the kiosk enters host mode and the playback controls have appeared, take your customers through how to use the kiosk.
Once you’ve set up the crowdDJ kiosk to run karaoke, take your guests through how it works with these steps.
- Tap the Karaoke button at the top of the kiosk to make karaoke songs appear.
- When you want to pick a song to sing, tap the green plus song next to it to add it to the queue.
Note: Songs that have already been added will have a headphone icon instead of a plus.
- Use the Search Bar to find specific songs.
- Browse lists to find songs grouped into a variety of categories.
- Play, pause and skip songs with the controls visible under the now playing song.